During pregnancy, regular checkups are very important. This consistent care can help keep you and your baby healthy, spot problems if they occur, and prevent problems during delivery.
• Once each month for weeks 4 through 28
• Twice a month for weeks 28 through 36
• Weekly for weeks 36 to birth
After the first visit, most prenatal visits will include:
• Checking your blood pressure and weight
• Checking the baby's heart rate
• Measuring your abdomen to check your baby's growth
You also will have some routine tests throughout your pregnancy, such as tests to look for anemia, tests to measure risk of gestational diabetes, and tests to look for harmful infections.